Friday, August 11, 2017
Midnight
Sometimes, in the middle of the night I can't sleep. Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I get up and wander around my house in the dark. It's a new and unique perspective to quietly walk the kitchen. It's comforting to look at the couch where I slept for the first few months of my daughters life because she wouldn't sleep any other way. It's calming to look at my table where the boys would build a fort and play. I look at all the pictures on the wall and feel slightly sad at how quickly my kids are growing. I see the vacuum lines on my carpet where my oldest tried his hardest to get them just right and I remember my own mom teaching me how to vacuum backwards so I didn't leave footprints in the vacuum lines. I look at my home in the dark and I am so thankful for all the good things in my life that are small to everyone else but so amazing to me. I'm thankful for the dirty dishes that mean we had a fun family dinner. I'm thankful for the laundry and the little peanut butter handprints on the slider. I'm thankful for the tiny socks and shoes all over the house. I'm excited for a bigger home down the road but for now, I am so incredibly thankful for this small home and the fun we have between these few walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment