Thursday, November 30, 2017

Why is this so hard?

This week has been busy with all kinds of “mom things” you know laundry, dishes, getting out the decorations and getting the house cleaned and prepped in order to decorate, parent teacher conferences, meetings and church callings, getting lunches made and babies showered and dinner thought about not to mention MADE! Hubby’s car has been in the shop all week which means he’s been taking my van to work and so it’s been more challenging to think about chores and errands the day before so we can do them at night if we have time. I have been trying to get my scripture reading in and by 9pm I’m exhausted. I haven’t been running in who knows how long because I feel like I can’t catch my breath just during the day. I have been thinking, why does everything have to get so crazy? Why do I have to be the one that takes care of and finds and cleans everything? What did I sign up for? And then today I woke up with the gumption and desire to be my best and I realized for the last 2 weeks I have been in a funk and didn’t know it. Today it seems to be over (or maybe it’s a fluke) but I had a friend share with me yesterday that sometimes we sink into darkness so gradually that we dont’ even realize that we are missing the light and that got me thinking:
How much light are you creating? How much light are you giving to those around you? How can you help others who don’t realize they have sunk into darkness? How do you know who wants to sit in darkness and who doesn’t realize it’s dark? Who can you sit in the dark with when they don’t want to come out and how do you do that without losing your own light? How do you keep your light burning bright and not just dimly?
Sometimes, I get overwhelmed with the what ifs, how to’s, and to do’s. And that’s when I usually realize that I’m neglecting my own light. If I don’t care for my light and pay strict attention to my well being I get really frustrated with HAVING to take care of everyone else. But then that sounds selfish to me that “if I don’t take care of me no one else can be taken care of” but it really is that whole, “Fill your own water bucket before you start handing out glasses of water to everyone else.”
So my question this week is; What are you doing to care for your own light?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I've had many times like that, where there is so much to be done that I forget to take time to re-set myself and then my life is out of balance and I'm not able to be the best I can be for the people around me. It's one of the main reasons I started crafting again and my crafting blog. I a few other outlets (on a small scale, exercise is one of those for me too) but crafting seems to hit the right spot. What are some of the things for you?

    ReplyDelete